Thursday, September 28, 2006

Fall TV Picks of 2006

There are so many new shows on this season that it's sometimes hard to choose which ones to check out. And I hate it when I look forward to a new show on the fall line up and then end up not liking it. Here are the new shows this fall that I found I like.

Heroes - I loved this show. I think the idea of seeing people with super powers discovering their powers for the first time is a cool plot line. And I loved the fact that they paid tribute to X-Men in the pilot.

Jericho - What happens to the small town survivors of a nuclear attack on the US. Who's in charge? How do you survive? Where do you go? I love it. I watched the pilot without knowing what the show was all about, so I was on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what would happen next. Sometimes it's cool to see a television show or movie without having seen the previews, which sometimes show too much.

Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip - The behind the scenes of a sketch comedy show. I'm up in the air about this show, but so far I've tuned in for the second episode.

Kidnapped - The son of a rich family gets kidnapped and the FBI and a private negotiator try to get him back. A little cliche. How many times have we seen this in theaters? But you know what? I love it!

Shark - An overly self-confident defense lawyer becomes a prosecutor. Who better to win against a defense lawyer than a prosecutor who use to be one. I watched this pilot because I like James Woods. Bonus that the show itself was good also.

5 comments:

Mary said...

It's all I can do to watch the ones I am already hooked on. Boston Legal (haven't caught it yet), Greys Anatomy (havent missed it yet) Project Runway, and Dancing with the Stars! (favorite but I hate the way people who suck stay on and good dancers get voted off. When, I ask, will Americans learn how to vote? Sometimes I watch Americas Next Top Model w/my daughter but I hate the way Tyra can be so corny sometimes. And my son likes Lost so i watch that w/him but it gets on my nerves.

Krissy Doyle said...

Kevin and I love to watch "The Office." We are hooked! We also like "Kathy Griffin - My life on the D List." But I don't think that is on anymore - very sad!

Ryan Dean said...

I'd agree with all your picks, but I'd put Studio 60 at the top of my list. I'd also add Men in Trees, Six Degrees, and Ugly Betty.

Antonio said...

Boston Legal - havn't seen it.

Grey's Anotomy - love it. watching it on DVD because I didn't see the orginal airings.

Profect Runway and Next Top Model - nope.

Dancing...Stars and The Office - haven't seen them, although I hear their good.

Kathy Griffin - I like her, but didn't want to get hooked on anymore reality shows.

Men In Trees and Six degrees - haven't seen due to new show overload.

Ugly Betty - haven't seen yet. Too many shows on Thursday. Luckily they replay it on ABC Family Channel on Fridays so I'll catch it tonight.

Brandon said...

Try "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia". It's about 4 friends who own a bar. It's single male type of humor. They have added Danny Devito to he cast for this season.