Saturday, September 02, 2006

Tiyyips... Just Gimme Those Tips

Two weeks ago, some guy in Kansas tipped a bartender $100 for a bill not even half that at an Applebees. Not impressive enough for you? This past Sunday, on a bill of $26, he left a $10,000 tip. Yes you read it right. Now you might think that he must have accidentally put the decimal point in the wrong place. But when he left the bartender the tip, he said to her,"This will buy you something kind of nice, huh?" So there's no mistake.

Evidently, the guy is a regular who normally tips well. Usually $15 on a $30 bill. But then all of a sudden he left the $100 tip and then $10,000.

You know what I was thinking? Gee, does this guy frequent dinner theater? Could you imagine coming around at intermission, picking up a check, and finding a tip that big?

I think the first thing I would do is treat my fellow castmembers to Zigs or Clydes or Skinifatz or the A&W (depending on which dinner theater I'm working at of course).

2 comments:

Mary said...

So Antonio, what does BruDog Haven mean?

Antonio said...

Good question! I never thought about it, but anyone who doesn't know me personally or who hasn't seen me in a long time probably doesn't know what that means.

My good friend and former roommate Tamarin came up with that nickname for me.

Every year at the West End Dinner Theatre, I played the role of Bru Bear in our production of "Babes In Toyland". So, I earned the nickname "Bru Bear".

There is a clothing line called Big Dog Sportswear which speciallizes in t-shirts that parody pop culture. Pretty much anytime you see me dressed casually, I'm wearing a Big Dogs t-shirt. So I also earned the nickname "Big Dog".

One day at home, Tamarin combined the two, and called me "Bru Dog". The first thing I said was, "Have you called me that before. I like it".

And thus, BruDog was born. And this is my haven.