Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Annie Leave Your Gun

For any of my readers who don't know me personally, I work at a major performance venue in the DC area. I have to tell you about the strange call I received at work yesterday.

An employee from another performing arts venue out of the area called with what I think was one of the oddest questions I've ever gotten from a patron. This person asked me if we had a "no guns policy" and whether it was posted in the windows in front of the building. Of course I referred them to our security office.

Gosh! I'm a little scared to think where this person lives that they would have to consider posting a gun policy at their theater. I have to say that if I had tickets to a show, and walked up to the theater, and saw a sign that said "No Guns Allowed", I think I would turn around and go to a movie.

5 comments:

Allison said...

Well BruDog I would be right behind you.

Krissy Doyle said...

I'm with you Antonio. Theatre is about relaxing and enjoying a show, not continually looking behind your back!

The Follow Spot said...

maybe they know that their shows suck - so they are just being careful - I know I wish I had a gun at a few local theatre shows I attended

Mabel said...

The buckshot stops here!

Jim Lawson said...

Wasn't there a little gun mishap at a local DC theater......oh, yeah, I think it was called Ford's Theater.