I was at the grocery store buying bananas a couple of weeks ago. As I stood in line at the cashier, the guy in front of me turned around and looked at the green bananas that I hand in my hands. You see, I have to buy my bananas green because I don't eat them fast enough and they go bad on me. Well, he tells me that I should buy yellow bananas because they have less starch in them than green ones, and therefore less heavy which of course means that they cost less. (Is that really true?) So, I explain to him about my problem with buying them too ripe.After he left, I thought about something. What an odd piece of advise. I mean, we're talking about one of the cheapest fruits you can buy. I bought five bananas for well under a dollar that day. How much would I really have saved? A couple of cents? Besides, I would have wasted more money throwing away the bananas that would have gone bad on me had I bought them ripe.
Oh well. He was just trying to save me some money I guess.
5 comments:
Still, you learn something new everyday.
Antonio,
I have continually asked that not repeat our grocery store conversations, especially our banana conversations! Next thing I know you'll be blogging about the fight we had over kielbasa - is it better cut or un-cut?
And Trish, I am not a douche!
Jim's a nut do listen to him! Just look at his blog(sp?) he think Friends is his life. It's sad really I think we need to put him in a home, or just put him down.
oh hello - winner of Big Blogger - no new post since Wednesday???? What is that about ?? not bery big blogger of you
Post a Comment